Jeff Teeters practices in the firm’s Litigation practice group with the majority of his work focusing on assisting clients manage their interactions with their competitors. He provides counsel and litigation services in the areas of business and commercial, antitrust, trade secrets, non-compete agreements, unfair competition, shareholder, director and officer disputes, and professional liability. Covering a wide range of industries, Jeff has handled well over 100 injunction hearings related to covenants not to compete, franchise disputes, insurance coverage, real estate, and trade secrets.
Jeff has been well recognized by his peers for his work in the business and commercial litigation field. He received the Ohio “Rising Star” designation from 2005 through 2007, and has been designated as an Ohio “Super Lawyer” each year from 2011 through the present. In the past three years, he has placed in the Top 50 Super Lawyers in Cincinnati, and for 2016 will be listed the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Ohio. On an even broader scale, Jeff is listed among the “Best Lawyers in America” for 2014, 2015, and 2016.
He is also active in the profession and the community. In addition to serving on committees for the Cincinnati Bar Association, Jeff currently serves on two editorial boards for the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation. He assists with the publication of an online and quarterly print magazine (Litigation News) and the publication of a variety of books designed to assist litigators improve their practice. Jeff has served on several civic and nonprofit boards, including currently chairing the board of Graceworks which provides a senior living retirement community and nursing home, homecare, affordable housing for seniors, senior companion program, housing and care for adults with intellectual disabilities, and credit counseling in more than 50 locations in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky.
Jeff and his wife, Robin, have two children, and live in Mariemont.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- Book Publishing Board (2014-present)
- Litigation News, Editorial Board (2008-present; Editor-in-Chief 2012-2013)
- Business Torts Journal, co-editor (2004 – 2008)
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Member of Admissions Committee (2012-present)
- Member of Fee Dispute Resolution Committee (2012-present)
- Graceworks Lutheran Services
- President of the Board (2013-present)
- Member of the Board (2011-present)
- Mariemont Athletic Boosters
- Member of the Board (2014-present)
- Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Kenwood, Ohio
- President of Council (2010-2012)
- Member of Council (2007-2012)
- Lutheran Campus Ministry Foundation of Greater Cincinnati
- President of Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Member of Board of Directors (2000-2012)